Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Think Out Of The Box

Everytime I come back to Bangalore, I carry something for friends and colleagues. Last November, just after Diwali, I carried a huge bag full of goodies like bakarwadi, dhokla, barfi , chakli...The list was endless. All this was carried in a huge blue coloured plastic bags that hawkers use to carry their goods. I guess people on board of that Air Deccan flight suspected that no-frills airlines allow hawkers on board too. So this time, when I carried Alphonso magoes, I made sure that I did not carry the box as cabin luggage. The mangoes were carefully packed in a red box and covered with a white plastic bag. I am sure they must have looked like had grenades when scanned. At the Spice Jet check in counter, I wrote my name and phone number with a marker that the cutie provided. I asked her to handle my mangoes with care. At the Bangalore Airport, I had too wait a long time for the mangoes. Finally, I saw a red box coming on the conveyor belt. It was stripped of the white plastic bag was missing. I could not make out why the airline/airport authorities removed the plastic bag. Did they actually open to cross check for grenades? Nevertheless, I was happy because the mangoes had finally arrived. I lifted them from the conveyor and then went to Lech and Gaurav who were waiting for me. I was moving my hand all over the box to ascertain any damage, when someone patted my shoulders. As I turned around, I heard a stranger say "Thats my box of mangoes".

6 Comments:

Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

I got my mangoes properly wrapped in the plastic bag. A few of them got pressed, but most were okay. Here in Bangalore, they were cherished by colleagues and friends.

Jun 23, 2005, 9:47:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

My father bought 18 mangoes. One random was selected and eaten at home for testing purposes. The rest were brought here and distributed on Monday. Unfortunately, you bunked office on that day and missed a mango. Waise, I had got a few mangoes, the next day to office to give to Amit. Somehow, I missed you.

Jun 24, 2005, 11:09:00 PM  
Blogger Art said...

well..good that ur mangoes dint get lost:)

Jun 29, 2005, 12:43:00 AM  
Blogger Seema said...

Mangoes were really good. me n my friend too enjoyed them :). thnx Neel

Jul 5, 2005, 5:57:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

ditto abt the ladoos :-)

Jul 5, 2005, 5:59:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to more travel, thanks.
Auckland Flights
Flights to Manila
Cheap Flights to Manila
Cheap Manila Flights
Cheap Flights Manila
Tickets to Manila
Manila Flights
Cheap Flights to Perth

Sep 29, 2011, 3:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home