Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Mask Of Sophistication

A minute is all that it took for the rains to bring almost entire city of Bangalore to darkness. Harish was not feeling well and we were at Dr Nithu's dental dispensary. Dr Nithu is a cute dentist(except for the dark lipstick) and that was the only reason I accompanied Harish to the dispensary. Harish's check up was barely finished when we could hear deafening thunder. Within a minute the electricity was gone and I was using my mobile phone as a torch to guide Nithu and her clerk find candles. I could hear large droplets bang against the clinic's door. It was frightening. It seemed as if the wind would just blow the door off the shabbily and newly constructed clinic. Nithu was cool and I heard her even humming a song while writing down the prescription. She asked us to wait till the rains subsided and that did not take more than five minutes. As we left the clinic, car floodlights were the only sources of light. The short spell of showers had created a havoc and we could see more water than road. There was a huge ten feet by three feet hoarding that lay on the road obstructing the traffic. At one instance, we found ourselves trapped on an island. We had to step into the river and that would mean wetting my shoes. I tried to walk on tiptoes but the water just rushed into my shoes. What the heck? Why was I being so sophisticated? Did I not enjoy walking in knee deep waters in Bombay when I was in school? I removed the mask of sophistication superimposed on me and started walking on the flooded road, at times even enjoying the water splashes as the cars raced ahead.

5 Comments:

Blogger Art said...

I remember how much i used to play with my cousins in the rain. And all our dresses used to get so dirty. And sometimes landed up getting fever :). But it was nice fun.

May 23, 2005, 1:49:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

And I am sure that you guys too now carry an umbrella/rain gear and wont allow your children to play in the rains

May 23, 2005, 2:44:00 AM  
Blogger Art said...

Well nowadays yes, i do carry an umbrella. But i love to get drenched. Recently it rained very heavily in Mysore, and i got drenched totally, i dint have an umbrella with me :). I felt really good that day. Well as for kids, i might allow them to play in rain. :)

May 23, 2005, 5:24:00 AM  
Blogger Cne Rocks>> said...

Yeah!! there's no better feeling then when u come home drenched.U take off all ur wet clothes,towel urself and sit in front of the TV with a mug of hot soup.....all these used to happen while i was staying with my mom.Now, when i come home drenched, my roommate says,"Don't come inside and wet the whole house", and goes back to his TV.
Mommy,I miss u!!
-Cne

Feb 13, 2006, 4:26:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

cne : I am moving closer home...Moving to Pune from next Monday! Will not miss family anymore

Feb 14, 2006, 10:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home