Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A New Management

A huge banner at Udipi Upchar said that the restaurant would reopen on 11th May 2005 'under a new management'. Udipi Upchar was the closest 'proper' hotel to my house. I prefered having food here on Saturday and Sunday afternoons when I was too lazy to walk a kilometre to Balaji. I conciously avoided the flies around and ignored the huge garbage dump barely 10 metres away. Now after two weeks of renovation, the 'new management' has started the new hotel. All that I have had since the hotel has reopened is a glass of juice. It cost me a rupee more. The 'new management' inlcudes new wooden chairs, a new coupon printer, a new cashier and old cooks. They have even changed the name of the hotel to Upahar Nidhi. I had often wondered what they meant by Upchar(treatment) in their old name. Upahar(food) seems more appropriate and more commonly used in Udipi restaurant names. Talking about Udipi restaurants, the Udipi suffixes and prefixes to the hotel name became popular(atleast in Bombay) after a hotelier called A.Rama Nayak started his own restaurant and urged fellow hoteliers from Udipi(a district in Karnataka,India) to use it to give brand equity to their hotel name. Now with managements changing in Udipi restaurants everywhere , the new managements are dropping the 'Udipi' from the hotel name. I am glad that the so called new management did not do the same.
For Erratum, please click on Comments

2 Comments:

Blogger Art said...

By "I am glad that the so called new management did not do the same." U meant that u r glad that they dint retain the name Udipi or something else ??

May 19, 2005, 4:51:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Damn it. My mistake. I somehow thought that Uphar Nidhi has a Udipi somewhere in it. Thanks for pointing out the mistake. I am not editing the post now though.

Edited Line : Now with managements changing in Udipi restaurants everywhere , the new managements are dropping the 'Udipi' from the hotel name and it is sad that this new management has done the same thing.

Error is regretted. Thanks Arts

May 19, 2005, 5:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home