Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A Home Away From Home

Finally, I now sleep on a cot. After more than one year of staying like a typical bachelor, my rented house here in Bangalore is finally getting furnished. To start with, we got a study table, thanks to our landlady who now exhibits a different behaviour after signing a new agreement that guarantees her ten percent more rent. Two comfortable wooden chairs followed. Nothing is for free though. In return I had to e-mail a letter to her niece who stays in the US and type a letter related to some investments. A cot was the next thing on my list and I bought a second hand one from a fellow Infoscion at a reasonable price(thanks BB). It is wrought iron cot with a small dent in it and it makes noises whenever I turn sides. That apart, the cot is positioned in such a place that it either hinders the opening of the cupboard or the bedroom door and has to be constantly moved. But that discomfort is more than compensated by the convenience of not rolling the bed everyday(maid servant finds sweeping the floor difficult if the bed is not rolled). A washing machine was on the cards too, but that proposal was shot down by my roomies, one of whom thinks that we already are paying the maid too much too spend more on the washing machine. Why should they be concerned anyway considering the fact that I am the only one who washes the clothes by hand after I had one of my favourite shirts torn at the hands of the maid?The next thing to do now is to cement the (small)gaps near the entrance door so that the rain water does not enter our house. I miss you Bombay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Art said...

hey y dont u go in for a new furnished house. for a change ;)

May 31, 2005, 9:39:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

One of the reason is that I have 'adjusted' with roomies etc and the other is that a furnished house will cost more than what I pay now. By the way, I now have a TV, water heater, chairs, cot and cupboards. So it is almost furnished.

May 31, 2005, 9:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home