Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Zeitgeist

Zeit·geist
n.
The taste, outlook, and spirit characteristic of a period or generation.

The above was for people like me who have a poor vocabulary. Google comes out with Zeitgeist which contains the most popular queries sorted by many categories, one of them being geographies. Check out the adjacent image for popular queries from India in the month of August. I do not know what sureroute is. I clicked on it, but it was not too interesting to invest time in. The only results that do not surprise me are the search queries for Sania and Aishwarya. Equally surprising and interesting was the zeitgeist for my blog. I have subscribed to the w3counter that provides me with details of how people land onto my blog.

Searches that take you to neelarurkar.blogspot.com. This is top 10 sorted by no particular sort criteria.

1. Neel Arurkar(on google) : The most popular search :-) I did not know that people searched for me. Mukul does it once in a while to reach my blog when he does not want to type in the long url

2. Lasun Shev(on google) : First result is my blog.

3. Slap gif (on google) : I tried to google that and I did not find my blog in the results anywhere in the first few pages.

4. Arvind Mills (on msn and google) : Comments same as those for (3). Who looks through all the search results?

5. haircut(on google) : Damn. Again same comments as above. Now how does such a simple looking query lead to my page?

6. list of indira gandhi priyadarshini award 2005 winners (on google) : My blog is the first result. Now why would anybody search for that. If the pedha vendor is to be believed, you get this award for making good pedhas :-)

7. immoral in Ernakulam (on google) : Well, there is no immoral content on my blog. But the query does lead to my blog. I wonder what the person who searched it must be looking for. Any guesses?

8. udayan mukherjee (on google) : Now Udayan is the guy who presents many shows on CNBC, a business TV channel. If Udayan googles his name, he would be surprised to read what I have written about him.

9. piyush swain kaun banega crorepati 2 (on google) : Hmmm

10.how to buy dharwad pedha online (Google) : lol. Cant see the result now though :-(

A few other queries include dewdrop bangalore (dewdy you listening?), Neel Infosys( now who googles that?), Hindi Homophones, cutting all my hair off (wow!), squeaking shoes ( :-) ), udipi restaurant, Maharashtrian recipes and infoscion.

But this is the one that I like the most. Some one googled for KSRTC + Bangalore + Ernakulam and reached here . It is a different thing that on googling it now, you wont get it listed. Page rank at work? I did not want to write a Part III to "To God's Own Country", but just cannot resist. How can I let go the unprofessional behaviour of Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) without leaving it open for searches on the web. I had written it long back and it feels good that it is mission accomplished for me. That reminds me I have to sms Pasha ;-)

9 Comments:

Blogger Hul said...

r u on bench? seems so!

Oct 28, 2005, 11:21:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Hul, I am in Bombay right now..on leave :-)

Oct 29, 2005, 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

hmmm interesting.

Oct 29, 2005, 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Exseno : :-)

Het : Sometimes I feel the search engines are not upto the mark ;-)

Oct 30, 2005, 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

For me Google rocks..u Go-gal! ;-)


Keshi.

Oct 30, 2005, 5:30:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Keshi : It indeed rocks. But the page rank somehow leaves out my old pages :-(

Oct 31, 2005, 2:20:00 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

oh Neel yes I noticed that too...

Perfection is something hard to achieve nah :)

Keshi.

Oct 31, 2005, 4:37:00 PM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

Hey Neel, that was pretty neat. Wish we had a Google for our real lives too. Ithought of it the other day when I misplaced a book and was madly searching for it.

And hey Dewdrop Solutions, Bangalore, lolz...you know who to contact next time you out of work ;)

Nov 1, 2005, 5:42:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Keshi : I agree with that.

Dewdy : :-) Should indeed have one.
Sending my resume there is not a bad idea ;-)

Nov 1, 2005, 12:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home