Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Anniversary Issue

Dear Readers,

My blog is one year old today. A year ago it started with this silly post "First Article"

I never wanted to write a blog. There are two reasons, however which have prompted me to write one. First is that Lech has started writing blogs. The second is that I get bored after/during office( I stay 1000 kms away from home and visit home every 3-4 months).
This blog however is not a substitute for my autobiography. You will have to buy a copy if it all it gets published.


Now, Lech,who incidentally started blogging on the same day and I guess a few hours before me(though his timestamp suggests otherwise), no longer blogs and I visit home more often(say once in two months), I have still continued blogging. Talking about statistics, I have penned down 63 posts excluding this one. I have about 2750 hits now, which I hope to increase it to atleast 10000 by the second anniversary and if you guys keep reading and I keep posting, I don't think it will be a problem with last few months average being at about 20 hits per day. I also am setting a goal to update my other blog Cool School Days more often.

Looking forward to keeping you hooked,
Neel Arurkar

17 Comments:

Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Thanks Karen. November is not too far.

Aug 30, 2005, 9:10:00 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

Hi Neel,

Its really great to see your blog one year old !!! I will be waiting for mine... My blog is only a baby of 2 months... :)

Congrates for your journey

Aug 30, 2005, 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

DJ : Thanks Boss. I do keep reading your blog. Your update frequency is great. Tells how much work you have in Pune :-)

Anu : Thanks. The blog isnt very famous. But it is nice to have 'repeat readers' liek you

Aug 31, 2005, 8:00:00 AM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

Happy Anniversary
Wish you all the best and many more such years of blogging. Keep it up, I like your space

Aug 31, 2005, 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger Lavinia said...

Happy blogversary and very cool that it falls on Blog day huh?

Of course we'll keep visiting. You'll have even more hits than your target I'm sure^_^

Sep 1, 2005, 3:12:00 AM  
Blogger Seema said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
Awaiting a party invitation…
Looking forward to stay hooked…

Sep 1, 2005, 4:57:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Dewdrop : Thanks for the wishes.

Lavinia : Missed the blog day by a day :-) ( just confirmed that after a bit of googling). Thanks for the wishes and encouragement. And I got introduced to the word Blogversary thru you.

FMOE : Thanks. I am too broke for a party ;-)

Sep 1, 2005, 6:22:00 AM  
Blogger Sayesha said...

Oooh, happy anniversary! :)

Sep 2, 2005, 5:07:00 PM  
Blogger Rangakrishnan Srinivasan said...

neel,

congrats on this achievement.. it is defly difficult to keep the enthu going

really love your school stories.. and liked your post on home food.

keep writing.

cheers
ranga

Sep 3, 2005, 2:02:00 AM  
Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

Congratulations on successfully completing a year of blogging!!

Sep 3, 2005, 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Sayesha: Thanks.

Ranga: Thanks. Yup, it is at times difficult to keep the enthu going, but somehow, I get some stupid thing to blog about.

Kroops : Thanks

Sep 5, 2005, 6:42:00 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Happy 1st Bday BlogArur! :)

Keshi.

Sep 5, 2005, 10:33:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Thanks Keshi

Sep 6, 2005, 12:12:00 AM  
Blogger Hul said...

Congrats on completing an year...

Sep 6, 2005, 11:18:00 PM  
Blogger Art said...

Hey Neel,
I started visiting ur blog.. from Kashy's Blog... And in the beginning i had to wait for weeks to see a new post... Now i feel nice to see posts coming up in a better frequency now....

Happy B'day Bloggie...

Keep blogging... and do update ur school blog frequently...

Sep 7, 2005, 9:37:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Hul : Thanks!

Art : And you know since when Kashy has last blogged :-). Ya I will keep up the freq and update my school blog too!

Sep 7, 2005, 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

HAPPY BLUURGDAY Neel! :):)

Keshi.

Sep 19, 2005, 5:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home