Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Monday, September 12, 2005

Time To Slap

I selected this title not only because it rhymes with my previous post but also because I got an appropriate gif that matches with it. Incidentally, I got this gif from the same blog from where I got the gif for my previous post. This incident dates back to Wednesday afternoon, when I heard a knock on my door. There was this guy waiting at the door with two letters. One of them stated that he was deaf and dumb and the other requested a donation. This donation, the latter letter said was going to be spent towards the payment of his college fees. People who had donated had written their names and the amounts they donated on this letter. This sheet had sums in the range of Rs 100 to Rs 500. When I made actions that suggested that I could not pay this amount, he wrote on the paper that even Rs 10 would be okay. I was suspecting foul play all throughout. I penned on his sheet "college name?" to which he scribbled something that did not seem to be a name. Then I asked for his I-Card. He ran away(slowly though). If indeed he was a fake, then it is the time to slap.

16 Comments:

Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

One more spam comment!

Sep 12, 2005, 7:07:00 AM  
Blogger Art said...

i think u also need to start of with the word verification thing to prevent spammers

Sep 12, 2005, 1:25:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Art : Hmmm. If I get more of these, then I would go for it.

Sep 14, 2005, 2:18:00 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I ignore such people no matter how brilliant ideas they come up with for extracting money from ma pocket.

When I made actions that suggested that I could not pay this amount, he wrote on the paper that even Rs 10 would be okay.

Good that he wrote 10. After reading TIME FOR SLAP, I thought he wrote @!#$@@#$ and you slapped him up ;)

or you wrote "Time for Slap" below his #@$@#$ and awaited his reaction

Hehehe...

That slap GIf made me laugh out loud for sure...hehehe
Good one!!

Sep 15, 2005, 1:11:00 AM  
Blogger Lavinia said...

Man that is just waay too funny! Poor kid^_^ hehe!

Sep 15, 2005, 6:01:00 AM  
Blogger Flying Machine said...

:-) Very difficult to know if these guys are genuine or conmen.

Sep 15, 2005, 11:45:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Arz000n : Me too. Not fooled easily by such stunts.

Lavinia : Dont really know how poor he was. Must have been pretty rich if he succeeded in convincing people to pay up.

Bhagya : Difficult indeed. Genuines are ignored because we are always conned. Trust is a thing of the past.

Sep 15, 2005, 11:54:00 PM  
Blogger Chakra said...

very often these kinda guys prevent us from helping the genuine guys.. yeah.. they deserve to be slapped.

Sep 16, 2005, 9:04:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Chakra : Yup!

Sep 16, 2005, 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

Ya, a lot of people do that here too. I just ignore them most of the time. Here, we have those Jehovah's witnesses come and tell us the importance of Jesus and I respect their views but I hate the fact that they try to impose all this stuff onto us!!

Sep 18, 2005, 5:20:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Damn! We have some people here too who do the same.

Sep 19, 2005, 8:08:00 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

aww but I hate to look at that gif....it's really cruel to slap that boy when he's enjoying...how dare that older man! If I was near him I would slap the older guy in return...

yep u shouldnt help ppl who r faking poverty etc. actually when ppl come asking for money like that, I dunno how to check the authenticity so by judging the person's looks and attitude, I give whatever I can...otherwise I would feel awful the whole day...

Nice bloggy Neel :)
Keshi.

Sep 19, 2005, 5:48:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Keshi : Its just a scene from a film :-) Hmm. You might end up paying up to a good actor :-)

Sep 20, 2005, 3:35:00 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

LOL oh ok Neel :):)

Keshi.

Sep 20, 2005, 7:58:00 PM  
Blogger Kaala Kavva said...

what all wela ppl can do to earn + timepass...

oh ya!

time to slap = CHAPAAT!

Sep 26, 2005, 5:27:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Yeah! That's chapaat :-)

Sep 26, 2005, 6:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home