Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Saturday, October 22, 2005

The 3 In 1 Haircut

This time I had my haircut at Shahnaz Husain's Salon in my office campus. I never had taken an appointment for an haircut ever before, but this time, I had to. I reached for the haircut ten minutes prior to the scheduled time, as asked by them. There were no film magazines lying over there and I spent my time looking at the two barbers, one chipping through a guy's hair and the other colouring another guy's hair. When my turn came, I was asked to sit in what was the most comfortable barber chair I have sat in. Now my old barber gives me only two options, short and medium length, but to this guy, I asked what would suit me. "Spikes", he said without hesitation, happy at the prospect of finding a guinea pig for his experiment. Hesitantly, I asked him to go ahead with it. After all, I was there for something new. He had barely started spraying water on my hair, when the electricity went off. That's Deve Gowda's contribution to Karnataka. And he doesn't think twice before pointing a finger at Narayan Murthy. Never mind. We have generators that swing into action in a matter of few seconds and Vinod was cutting my hair again. He was cutting my hair so slowly that I am sure Saumil would have enjoyed it. "Kya ek ek baal mast se kat ta hai"(Love the way he cuts a single hair at a time), he would have said. When the haircut was finally approaching its end, I smiled at myself in the mirror and told Vinod that I was looking more stupid than I usually do. He assured me that I would look good when the 3 in 1 haircut was done. "3 in 1? Wats that? I thought you were going to spike my hair up or something", I asked him, wondering whether this was Vinod's last attempt to save the poor dying guinea pig. He assured me that the spike thing was very much there and it was one of the three hairstyles possible with the cut. He told me that the other hairstyle possible with my haircut was the Sachin Tendulkar style and this was the in haircut in town. After this I was whisked away to for hair wash and shampooing. I thought that this was included in the haircut, but it was only when I saw the bill that I realised that I was fooled into it. Anyway, it was a different experience(the shampooing part..not the fooling part) and I enjoyed it. Here is the bill for you :

Haircut : Rs 40
Hair Wash : Rs 25
10% Service Tax : Rs 6
--------------------------
Total : Rs 71

After getting out, I was a bit self conscious about the spiked hairstyle, but I was happy when I found no one was looking at me. On my way to my desk, I was thinking which hairstyle I should wear the next day, when I realised that the barber had not demoed the third hairstyle for me. I decided not to turn back and ask him, but nevertheless I was curious. I did not have to wait long. The next day when I was coming to office I combed my hair and looked in the mirror. I looked the same as I look everyday. This was the third hairstyle. My usual self.

16 Comments:

Blogger Hul said...

you went back to your desk after a shampoo? i need atleast an hour sleep after a shampoo.

Oct 22, 2005, 6:36:00 PM  
Blogger SparkleSupi said...

Hey Neel,
Missed seeing u in ur new Hair do...though..;);)
BTW ur blog has many fans including me n i know of ppl who take printouts n read ur blogs at home....way 2 go Neel....Keep blogging..

Oct 23, 2005, 3:19:00 AM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

just bumped into ur blog...nice read

Oct 23, 2005, 4:04:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Hul : :-)

Nirmal : That is for the people who might like to catch up in Bombay. Nice to see you registered on blogger.

Sparklesups : Ah! I know whom you are talking about, I guess. My roomie?

Phoenix : Thanx. Will visit your space.

Het : There was no gel put on my hair. But the barber was almost forcing me to buy some from him. Let us see, will try with some oil tomorrow

Oct 23, 2005, 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Oct 24, 2005, 7:22:00 AM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

Interesting hair works. Yeah a pic of you in all 3 hairstyles would serve as a nice eye candy :)
Im usually a bit uncomfortable trying anythg new with my hair, but I guess thats normal fr girls:)

Oct 24, 2005, 7:22:00 AM  
Blogger Art said...

hey i dint understand this 3 in 1 part...
So when is ur next visit to this place??

Oct 24, 2005, 9:25:00 AM  
Blogger Akruti said...

Neel is your name and mine is Neelima and the picture you saw on blog is actually written as neelu but then by the time i took the picture i "U" vanished and neel remained:)
So had a new haircut at shenaz's for 71rs?? that sounds good.

Oct 25, 2005, 1:36:00 AM  
Blogger Sarang Anajwala said...

Man...
I am planning to go for a hair cut (finally!!!!) at shehnaz hussain. So many ppl have told me that it's time i MUST go for a hair cut!!!

Will post my exp. once i go there!!!

Oct 25, 2005, 6:00:00 AM  
Blogger Nirmal said...

Yup. I registered quite a while ago, but never blogged as religiously as you.

You should be able to get to my blog by clicking on this profile.

Why didnt you make it from the previous comment's profile link?? You will find the answer in my post.

Oct 25, 2005, 9:46:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Anu : :-) I didnt get curly hair @ Shahnaz's salon. Its this kind of haircut : http://india.tellychakkar.com/y2k4/december/29dec/sachin-t.htm
I have not posted snaps of other haircuts because I looked even more stupid than the even more stupid look I sport in that picture :-)

Dewdy : I would like to repeat my last sentence in reply to Anu :-) And yes, girls have the capability to sport a completely new look after a haircut..

Art : He cut my hair in a way that I could style it in three ways, depending upon how I combed my hair. Did I complicate stuff even more ?

Kary : :-) Only new style would be balding I guess..I should try that sometime

Akruti : Oh..but it was nice to read neel somewhere...not a very common name in india u see..

Sarang : Ah! You got reviews from Keyur too?

Oct 26, 2005, 2:18:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Nirmal : You never told me about your blog. Will be hooked to it now on.

Oct 26, 2005, 2:47:00 AM  
Blogger Sarang Anajwala said...

yeps dude...
got reviews from keyur too.....
today i even 'took the appointment' but cudn't go!!! Had lot of work!!! :((
Now tomm is last day before I leave for home! I hope I can get some time for the haircut!!!

Oct 26, 2005, 9:02:00 AM  
Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

LOL, oh well thats what you get for getting a haircut in a fancy salon!

Oct 26, 2005, 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Anu : :-) The rains started after my haircut !!! Now that I am in Bombay, I hope it doesnt rain here.

Sarang : Give your family a surprise. Get it cut in some odd way

Uma : Now its back to normal hairstyle :-)

Kroopa : :-)

Rams : Hey Ramesh! Welcome to my blog. Will call you today. And yeah, DCH hairstyle! Which makes it 4 in 1 :-)

Oct 27, 2005, 3:29:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Thanks Sumathi. Nice to know you read many of my posts. Will visit your blog soon

Nov 18, 2005, 1:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home