Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Kaun Banega Crorepati ?

Modeled on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, Kaun Banega Crorepati is its popular replica in Hindi. And the other day, I found out that they have a Tamil version too. The Tamil version is aired along with the Hindi version and there is perfect synchronization between the two. The prize money if you reach the top is Rs 2 crores or Rs 20 million or USD 444444.444. Damn! That is big money. And one such guy rumoured to bag that money, works in my company. After reading newspaper reports and before the episode was aired, I mailed him. Well, I did not know him, but nevertheless decided to congratulate him on this. I have deliberately censored all the contact details, so as some stupid person does not contact him for congratulating him(as I did) or ask for money. When the show was aired, I sat glued to television just because a fellow company-mate was playing the game show. There sure are better things to do than watch KBC. Piyush Swain answered questions systematically giving explanations to every question and eliminating the wrong options one by one. But then, he did not reach the 2 crore mark. He exited the game when he had won Rs 50 lakhs or Rs 5 million. But he looked happy and so did his wife who accompanied him to the show. And why not? 50 lakhs is not a small amount. Congrats rich boy!

Please See : Unrelated to the above. I have come across this great blog by Gaurav Sabnis. It is about his life after he linked to an article that talked about the fraud that is IIPM. Check this out. The posts of your interest should be I'm disconnecting my cable connection, An Update and The Silence. Make it a point to read bottom up and visit the links that Gaurav has in his posts.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dewdrop said...

I knew there is a version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire for almost all nations throughout the world. But multiple versions in one country, lols can only be possible in India :) And yeah, I think winning any amount is great be it even a few hundreds or thousands. 50lakhs shouldve sure satiated him

Oct 19, 2005, 8:00:00 AM  
Blogger Art said...

50 lakhs!!! quite a huge amount...
Used to watch KBC when it came for the first time...

Oct 19, 2005, 8:13:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Anu : Thanks. I am sure you guessed it right, but let me state that it is a link to this blog :-) . Btw, why do you watch it in Tamil? Dont you have access to the Hindi one?

Dewdrop : Hmmm. The game is important and not the prize money, is it? Hey, it is sad that you discontinued with your blog. And I was thinking of reading all the favourite posts that you had mentioned in your anniversary issue.

Art : Yeah :-) 50 lakhs is so big, that I can start my own biz if I get that amount :-)

Oct 19, 2005, 11:33:00 PM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

Neel
You can still read all my posts, I have only changed my blog url, havent stopped writing. This is my new link, you may want to update your favs..
http://radiant-dreamscapes.blogspot.com

Oct 20, 2005, 6:32:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Dewdy, change noted. Will be there soon.

Oct 20, 2005, 8:27:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Reva : Did you watch it in Tamil or Hindi :-)

Het : Yes. He had 3 lifelines intact till 25 lakhs :-) He should have got 2 crores :-(

Oct 20, 2005, 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Oh! Yeah I remember reading that on Uma's blog. Sad Anu.

Latest Update : One more colleague( Premnath Mangal) is going to appear on this Sunday on KBC2. Dont know how much he has won though :-) Damn so many people from our company on KBC2 :-)

Oct 21, 2005, 7:14:00 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Congrads to you friend, but can you translate for me please how much would that be in american dollars??

If I am not mistaken I have already read about Gaurav Sabnis and if I am right about him it wasn't just that he linked to the site, it was what he had to say about them. It got him in a lot of trouble, so please all of you who live there must be very careful. I have another friend from India who's blog I have visited for awhile now he had a article about it. You may find him a very interesting read here is his url http://surgingwaves.blogspot.com
He is very nice and has some very good reading.

Oct 22, 2005, 7:30:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Ah. He is not my friend. Just an unknown colleague. The amount translates to USD 111111.111.
Yeah. I read Surging Waves. I have already bookmarked him.

Oct 25, 2005, 8:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home