Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Home Food

Home Food is one of the reasons to go home often. The ten days I was in Bombay, I made it a point not to eat in restaurants at all and feast on home food. I must confess that my decision was partly infuenced by the leptospirosis scare after the floods. After months of eating in hotels and office canteens(five or six of them)here in Bangalore, I relished whatever food I had at home. For a short period, it was break from those thick Rotis at Balaji(I usually have dinner at Balaji). I had a variety of dishes at home. The list includes Black Forest Cakes, Pizzas, Dudhi Halva, different bhajis, Pani Puri, Pav Bhaji and Independence Day Special. The dish I had many times during the course of my stay was Independence Day Special.

Carrots, cauliflower, baby corn and french beans are boiled and salt and pepper are sprinkled for taste. Do let me know how you find it, if at all you try it. The other items in the dish(clockwise) are coconut water, chapati(bread), gaud masala amti, walacha birda, pantoli(enclosed in turmeric leaf), morawla and bananas.

11 Comments:

Blogger Art said...

too good... nothing compared to home food....
Liked the Independence Day special... Nice idea..:)

Aug 26, 2005, 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Yup :-) I know you must be realising it even more now

Aug 27, 2005, 4:44:00 AM  
Blogger The Lil fairy & her angel friends said...

hmm... ive started feeling hungry...
between, i love cooking!

Aug 27, 2005, 7:28:00 AM  
Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

Now thats a hungry post!!

Aug 27, 2005, 4:32:00 PM  
Blogger Seema said...

Now... all the dishes mentioned in Independence Day Special maharashtrian?? could recognise some coz of the pic. Otherwise all seem new to me.

Aug 29, 2005, 5:23:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Unaiza : You must have feasted at the wedding
Kroops : I saw some good food pics at your blog too!
Vasanthi : Thanks
FMOE :
Maharashtrian dishes : Pantoli, Moravla.
Non-Maharastrian dishes : Banana, coconut, Chapati
Dont know : , gaud masala amti, walacha birda

Aug 29, 2005, 6:36:00 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Ohh yeah..
I miss all these good food out here in Delhi....

Cant wait to go back home and try out this THALI

Good one :)

Aug 29, 2005, 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Arz000n : :-)

Aug 30, 2005, 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Ah! you back after a long time!

Sep 11, 2005, 9:28:00 PM  
Blogger Flying Machine said...

ummmmmmm looks delicious.

Sep 15, 2005, 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Bhagya : Yeah it was delicious. Btw, a update. I have started cooking at Bangalore. Till date, I have made Independence Day Special, roasted(?) corn, boiled potatoes, Maggi, fresh Lime juice. Planning to make boiled eggs(my landlady says no cooking non -veg:-) )
More cooking to start after Diwali(when I visit home and get more recepies)

Sep 16, 2005, 12:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home