Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Monday, August 15, 2005

Telephone Diary

I never thought that I would get out of touch with(read forget) so many people whom I used to meet everyday. And they meant so much to me. School friends with whom I used to share my lunch, college friends from whom I copied my assignments and so many more. At such times, my telephone diary comes to my rescue. As I flip pages of the diary and go through each and every name, I wonder how did I forget these people. They meant something to me and that was the reason they were in my diary. Do they now not mean anything to me? Of course not, but that is the way things are. Now that such information can be stored in a mobile phone, having a telephone diary is a bit obsolete. I do not remember when I last updated my paper telephone diary. But nevertheless, it is still used because I have not transferred its contents into the phone. And yes, the paper diary would also act as a backup in case I lose my phone. Now as I write this, I am feeling the urge to go through my diary again, so that I can contact long lost acquaintances, most of whom are from Bombay(I am in Bombay till next Tuesday). But damn! I have left my diary behind in Bangalore.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lavinia said...

Hey there Neel!

Wow you are in quite a pickle aren't you? I'm also still a bit nostalgic about my highschool friends. I keep in touch with 5 of my closest friends from then, although it is a bit difficult because we're spread over two cities and different jobs and universities.

I did make great friends in university and even though I still see then on Saturday classes once a month, I miss seeing them everyday like we did in our 1st and 2nd years of study.

The paper diary is an essential tool in this modern age. It won't ever get 'network problems', get broken, get a virus or freeze up on you. You should most definately keep it.

ps Neel, is it ok if I post a link to your blog on my sidebar>

Aug 16, 2005, 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Lavinia, it is the same here and I guess everywhere. I am in touch with a few friends eventhough many of them are in different parts of the world. But then there are many whom I have somehow forgotten :(
As far as linking is concerned, I would be more than happy to say the least.

Aug 17, 2005, 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Hey Anu! Even I remember reading that. It was probably in some e-mail.

Aug 17, 2005, 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Art said...

Well i too feel the same.... And I remember whenever i changed my diary... all names used to get transferred.... (until i got my mobile).... but even now if i go back to my diary... i feel y are we not in touch.... And sometimes i do call them.... but its very rare...

Aug 18, 2005, 8:53:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Hmmm. It is difficult when you are in different cities. In your case, its different countries.

Aug 19, 2005, 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger Flying Machine said...

I feel the same too. In fact I haven't seen my phone diary for some time. Guess we are just too busy and far away, or lost touch completely.

Aug 22, 2005, 4:02:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Hmmm.(Damn, I have too many Hmmms now-a-days)

Aug 23, 2005, 4:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home