Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Arvind Mills?

Arvind Mills is one of India's leading garment exporter. So when we heard that there was a sale put up at their Electronic's City manufacturing unit, we all rushed. By we, I mean not only my friends, but hundereds of other people from my company too. I bought 5 shirts and they cost somewhere in the Rs 200 -300 range(5-7 USD) each. That was quite cheap considering the fact that they had labels like GAP and Levi's on them. They were, what people called as export rejected stuff. Lech picked up a shirt too. And he picked a replica of the one that I had picked. So now, before going to office he phones me if he is wearing that shirt, to ensure that we both do not end up wearing the replicas on the same day. But then what can I do about the hundreds of other people in my company who bought stuff at the sale. On Wednesday, I came face to face with this guy who was wearing a replica of my shirt that I had bought at the sale. He was lost in his own thoughts. I stopped him even though we were absolutely strangers and asked,"Arvind Mills?". He nodded, smiled and walked away.

10 Comments:

Blogger SparkleSupi said...

:)this happens wid me also.. me n my roomie have same Kurta so we wear it in different weeks

Aug 7, 2005, 9:27:00 PM  
Blogger Art said...

haha.. this was good.. Well it happens this way when we buy things where there are multiple pieces at the same shop.. I had bought something in Westside.. .and saw 2-3 ppl wearing the same the same day:)

Aug 7, 2005, 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Sups,Arts: I am wearing another shirt that I bought at that sale today :-)

Aug 8, 2005, 12:09:00 AM  
Blogger Seema said...

Happens with me too. I and a batchmate of mine have a similar dress, though we never bought it together. Coz both of us work in different IBUs it doesn't bother if we wear it on the same day.

Aug 8, 2005, 5:09:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

FMOE : Hmmm. I remember another incident when there was some party in office of one of my acquaintance. There the office assistant and the manager ended up wearing the same shirt. The sick manager asked the office assistant to change his shirt.

Aug 8, 2005, 8:52:00 AM  
Blogger Seema said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Aug 8, 2005, 8:21:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

:-) Good that I am not alone.

Aug 10, 2005, 1:04:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Kary : :-)

Aug 12, 2005, 2:25:00 PM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

Whoaa, if I were you, Id same pinch the guy, just for kicks :P

Reminds me of my childhood days. My mom would sow clothes from the same fabric for me and my sister and we both would be like noway we didnt wanna look like folks frm the band-baaja team ;)

Aug 15, 2005, 12:52:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Dewdrop : :-)

Aug 15, 2005, 1:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home