Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Monday, July 18, 2005

Nail Cutter

I met Mukul a day before I was going to shift to Bangalore. I had told him then, that shifting to Bangalore was like setting up a new house and I had to buy everything starting from a nail cutter. And I met Mukul again on the evening I was going to catch my train to Bangalore. And Mukul had come with a parting gift for me - a nail cutter. That nail cutter was one of my prized possessions. It so happened a few months later, that a new guy called Harish moved into our shared flat. The nail cutter he happened to buy was a replica of the nail cutter Mukul had gifted to me. x* coloured innerwear of y brand are banned in my house for anyone else because I wear them. But how can I also ban something like a nail cutter. I decided to keep my nail cutter safely in my toiletries box and not on the glass shelf. But a few days later, Harish staked his claim on my nail cutter. When I told him that the nail cutter was mine, he pointed to another one lying on the shelf whose plastic sticker had come off. His argument was, the one without the sticker had to be my nail cutter because it was older than his. I decided not to argue further and keep my nail cutter in some different place hidden from Harish. However, this never happened. Once there was this sticker factor that distinguished our nail cutters, I always kept my nail cutter on the shelf. I continued using my nail cutter till I cut my nails the last time, sterilizing it every time before use, quite mindful of the fact that it may be used by someone else who thinks that it is his own. But for the last fifteen days, since I felt the urge to cut my nails, the nail cutter is missing(Note: I am not blaming or suspecting Harish). I am not even finding Harish's nail cutter. So I now have very, very long nails, the non-transparent portion of which is about 4 mm in length and they are now looking very, very shabby. Looks like I will have to buy a new nail cutter today. There is a consoling factor though. I googled for nail cutter picture on google images. And I found a nail cutter having the same sticker(see pic) the nail cutter that Mukul gave me had.

x* : x may or may not take more than one value

5 Comments:

Blogger Art said...

hmm... nail cutter story is good... hope u dont lose the new one...

Jul 18, 2005, 7:07:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Art : I did not need to buy a new one. Read my reply to Het.
Het : Is this just a coincidence? I got Harish's nail cutter with which I cut my nails. But I will definitely remember you when I get mine back.

Jul 18, 2005, 9:43:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Thanks Anu. I will carry out a combing operation on some weekend when I am free

Jul 19, 2005, 1:02:00 AM  
Blogger Hul said...

i did not know that someone could write up such a long story on a nail cutter..!

wow..first time into your blog and i ve seen wonder- just kidding.

u r blog looks gr8;

cheers

Jul 20, 2005, 6:18:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Your blogs nice too Hul!

Jul 20, 2005, 8:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home