Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Kamputer Engineer

Computers still are a mystery to many and what computer engineers do all the time is beyond comprehension of most non-IT people that I have met. To speak(or write) the truth, even I did not know what they do till I started working. Ofcourse they send forwards, write blogs and play games(Damn! I send mails to my project team with my blog url in the signature). But surprisingly most people have different opinion about my job profile. Like this lady who thought that I have a hazardous work environment. She told me, now that I have got a job and will sit in front of the computer right through the day, I must protect myself from virus to remain in good health. I was about to tear my hair. "You can check your hotmail mails from US too" sounded okay now. After me spending a reasonable amount of time in the industry, this gentleman asks me what my typing speed is. I tried to explain him that, though I can type without looking at the keyboard now, that is not what I learnt in college or that is not what I am paid for. But then this one takes the cake. Subhabrata, my colleague and friend, used to work in a company that had the Jharkhand government as its client. Subh's office was the Jharkhand Legislative Assembly. Once while he was busy coding, an important visitor dropped in. He was Arjun Munda, the Chief Minister of Jharkhand. And guess what Munda had to say.
He said "ke karat ho? daata entry chal raha ka?"(What are you doing> Data entry?). From that day, Subh has stopped coding.

10 Comments:

Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Reva : Thanks!
Anand : You are doing a great Job. The new interface is really cool. Guys, if you blog, you must have a look at Indibloggers.

Jul 3, 2005, 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger Art said...

that was really humorous... Once i went to office in auto... and he asked me what we manufacture in the office..

Jul 4, 2005, 1:15:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

he he!

Jul 4, 2005, 2:48:00 AM  
Blogger Seema said...

not jus the post, even the comments are humorous :)

Jul 4, 2005, 5:07:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Karen : I just counted. I use 6 fingers :-)
FMOE : Thanks

Jul 4, 2005, 5:27:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Smyta : Thanks
Het : Sahi che... mara blog par paacha padharjo ;-)[Keep visiting my blog](Got it typed from a Guj friend. I can only understand Gujarati)

Jul 4, 2005, 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Kaala Kavva said...

what differnt is from the data entry from the coding ?

one friend said me that coding is put data in computr.

and i thinks its right that computr person sits on computr full day as i sees peoples on computr all night and cryies when fed-up.

Jul 5, 2005, 8:46:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

I mean coding is putting data into the computer but at the same the time end up inserting bugs. Thats the diffrentiator

Jul 5, 2005, 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger Kaala Kavva said...

i was kiddin dude
nice post

Jul 6, 2005, 1:26:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very interesting. I had seen it many times yet not felt the urge to blog on it. When you blogged, it made interesting reading.
Tickets to China
Cheap Tickets to China
Cheap flights to China
Flights to China
Flights to Rio De Janeiro
Cheap Flights to Rio De Janeiro
Cheap Flights to Shanghai
Flights to Shanghai
Cheap Flights to Bali

Sep 29, 2011, 3:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home