Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Friday, April 15, 2005

The Road Ahead

We joked that BESCOM(electricity chaps) made better roads than BMP(municipal guys). When BESCOM dug up roads for laying cables they used to fill it up with concrete whereas most part of the kilometre long road was a tar one. However more than thirty percent of the road was still metal(khadi) road which meant that it used to get filled with muck in the rainy season. If you know it rains for eight months every year in Bangalore, you would appreciate the efforts I used to take to navigate that road. Even otherwise, it was not uncommon to twist your ankle on that road. Over the last year they BMP guys had been pouring metal again and again and now the road is high enough to drain water into houses on its edges.Water Bond Macadam as civil engineers call it. But finally the BMP has woken up. They have started tarring roads in my area and the 7th Main has been tarred. No more cursing the BMP guys. They tarred the 300 metre strech ready in less than 12 hours.And now when I phone home(usually after dinner on my way back home(this home is bangalore home)), I can no longer say " Khadbadit rastya var aahe"(I am on the uneven road).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home