Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Thursday, March 31, 2005

April Fooling The Cabbie

I am no longer fooled by taxi and rick drivers. I have started fooling them. To avenge the exorbitant fare of Rs 35 demanded by the rick driver for travelling less than a mile on my very first day in Bangalore, I found the april fool day suitable. I had just landed from the KSRTC Volvo in Bombay(near Ruia College) and a flock of cabbies surrounded me.I ignored them and walked to the bus stop. A cabbie still approached me and asked,"kidhar jaana hai?"(Where do you want to go?). I asked him how far is Kabutarkhanna as if I did not know that it is minimum fare by bus.He said that it would take 15 minutes, which was an acceptable estimate.Then I asked him whether he knows the buses that go there and he started looking at the bus numbers printed on the bus stop. Just then my bus came at the stop. I told him "mera bus aa gaya"(My bus is here) and ran to catch the bus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Which city are you from? The attitude of the cabbies and rick drivers in a city are a reflection of the attitude of the city.

Apr 11, 2005, 12:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home