Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

HBEMWLFI

How much money you make is not important. But how you make it certainly is. This I have known eversince I was a child. I started a gambling den even before I ever gambled. I was in ninth standard at that time and there was a cricket World Cup going on. I started accepting bets on matches. I did not know anything about probability and neither did the rest of the students. The guys and gals who put money were just asked to name the country that would lift the cup and if they got it right, they would double their money. About 30 people placed bets with me. Everyone placed bets on almost all countries except SriLanka. And when SriLanka won the tournament, the only one who was happy was me. I had accumulated a fortune of Rs. 21.50/-
Eventhough, the den was closed after the tournament and I became a computer engineer and not a bookie, I still love making easy money. A hundred bucks of easy money is worth a lac you get from fixed income(HBEMWLFI).

2 Comments:

Blogger Seema said...

wat does HBEMWLFI mean??

May 16, 2005, 5:51:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

HBEMWLFI : a Hundred Bucks of Easy Money is Worth a Lac you get from Fixed Income.

May 16, 2005, 5:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home