Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Kashy

"Are you a Gujarati?", was my immediate question after Kashyap told me his name. "No, I am a localite", said Kashyap proudly. All the Kashyaps I had met before were Gujjus and that was what had prompted me to ask him such a stupid question. At that time, little did I realise that this bastard was going to be included in my best friends list. He occupied the cube next to me and along with Lech and Keyur, who occupied neighbouring workstations, we formed a closely knit group of four. After pulling him into stocks, a reasonable percentage of our conversations would be about the markets. Kashy, as only the people close to him are entitled to call him, soon bettered Lech and me on the penny stocks front and his picks include the likes of the now delisted fraud company Mardia Chemicals and under 1 buck company SRG Infotech, which earned him reasonable dough in under one week. His untidy cube was his another characteristic. Thousands of printouts, tens of books, a few new shirts, a toothpaste, a torch, certificates and marksheets, passport, table tennis rackets, a water bottle, an original F1 flag, neckties and a hand crafted bamboo pen holder are amongst the few things that filled his cubicle.

Kashy has now quit. He has ended his 3 year long stint with the company and is now gone to UTD to pursue his MS. Kashy you have left a void in my life. Come back soon!

PS: Da, will show you Bombay the next time you come. It is much better when it doesn't rain :-)

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Neel,

Reading your blogs continously from 5 days.. I am not in Infy... but got link to your blog from one of the forwarded mails... (Sub: Maddennning effects ...)

Could not stop myself from reading each and every blog of yours.. The way you are expressing, narrating all the incidents and typing them down is indeed incredible.

Keep typing always !! :-))

Warm wishes-
Aditi

Aug 16, 2006, 8:13:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Ooohk! So you got that forward of bulletin board chatter :-)

Feels good when someone appreciates my blog. Keep Reading!

Aug 16, 2006, 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Well Well :-) Deleted Sir!
My dear readers would you please write comments for my dear friend Kashy?
:-D

Aug 20, 2006, 12:27:00 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Oh, it's sad when a good friend moves, you'll have to try to keep in touch.

Aug 20, 2006, 3:20:00 AM  
Blogger Art said...

Well I hope to meet Kashy here... My place is not so far.. not so near from his place...

Aug 25, 2006, 2:25:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Exseno : Indeed. Today is his bday and he is so far....

Art : Do make it a point to meet him. Must be feeling very lonely..

Aug 26, 2006, 6:03:00 AM  
Blogger Manan Mehta's Blog said...

Hey thats my bro's name... and he is a gujju.....

Sep 30, 2006, 9:16:00 PM  
Blogger Akshata said...

Hey...Got this blog spot through a friend who said "read this blog spot n u will never get bored"...when i saw that link thought the name is familiar...
the first blog i saw and clicked on was "kashy"...n saw the snap...so kashyap though u left the company, u still have frnds here n i did wish u on ur b'day :)

Nov 27, 2006, 3:05:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Manan : :-) Yes, it is ur bro's name!

Akshata : Are you Askhata Bhan******?

Nov 27, 2006, 3:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home