Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Stare

I never stare at anyone unless that anyone stares at me. But this time, it was an exception. I was traveling in a bus from Bombay to Pune. I boarded the bus at 6 am and was looking forward to have a nice sleep in the bus. I got a back seat and was seated next to this guy who too was looking drowsy. As soon as the bus started, I pulled my eye-covers over my eyes and tried to fall asleep. And as I was about to fall asleep, I felt something hitting my head. It did not take much time to make out that the guy next to me had found a comfortable pillow in my head. I pulled out portion of the eye-cover over my left eye and stared at him. Had it been a girl with silky, smooth, soft and shampooed hair, then I might have been more considerate. But this guy certainly deserved that stare ;-) After this, things were fine for five minutes. Then this guy again started leaning on me. I could not take it any more. I pulled myself out of that reclining position, turned towards him and with the eye-covers still on stared for a good two seconds in a direction where I felt his face would be. Immediately I could hear him move and shift away from me. After that stare, for the entire journey, I had absolutely no problems.

11 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

**Had it been a girl with silky, smooth, soft and shampooed hair, then I might have been more considerate.

lol u meanie Neel!

Keshi.

May 25, 2006, 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

I guess that was your "stare"way to heaven ;)

May 26, 2006, 2:21:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Keshi : Yes, at times I am very mean :-)

Ms V : Indeed. Had a heavenly sleep after that

May 26, 2006, 4:24:00 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Hahaha, that is funny. I think I would have asked him to lean the other way the first time. You were to nice. He was probably trying to stay awake and didn't realize that he fell your way.

May 26, 2006, 6:10:00 AM  
Blogger SRILAXMI said...

neel,
nice one there!! just started rdng ur blog btw. n ya, cant help but say, aankhon ka kiya good use!!

May 29, 2006, 4:06:00 AM  
Blogger Seema said...

At times!?! Ummm...

May 29, 2006, 5:03:00 AM  
Blogger SRILAXMI said...

neel,
had rd ur last post yday, n also commented on it. rd a few more tday.
u have a knack of writing extremely interesting and different (pardon the cliche') posts. congrats for that. keep up the good work.
p.s.: ever done freelance writing or journalism? :)
SRI

May 30, 2006, 1:28:00 AM  
Blogger Activity said...

you rat...

**Had it been a girl with silky, smooth, soft and shampooed hair,

...
...
edited by TTA
...
...

then I would be using her head as a pillow instead...

(a more realistic ending if i may say so myself..!!!

May 30, 2006, 4:58:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Exseno : :-) Yes, I am a ncie guy

Srilaxmi : Keep reading my blog! Nice to know that you like my writing. Nope, I have never done freelancing or writing journals before..

FMOE : You think I am always mean? After so many months of knowing you, you still think that? :-0

TTA : Bingo! You are the smartest of the lot

May 30, 2006, 5:04:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

..hehe , too bad is not what you think :P * girl with silky,smooth and shampooed hair*
...hope u meet her next journey hehe ^_^ goodluck yaar!

Jun 5, 2006, 10:21:00 PM  
Blogger Rohit said...

kudos to Neel....I just wish these subtle ideas came to me...

Jun 26, 2006, 4:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home