Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Don't Look At My Finger. Look Where I Point.

This happened a few months ago. It was a busy afternoon at Churchgate, Bombay. The office goers were rushing towards their offices after lunch. The students were rushing too. Perhaps to the movie halls. And everyone, except me ofcourse, was rushing. I was roaming around leisurely in that lovely area when I heard the cries of "Jor Laga Ke Heisha". This is the typical cry of workers who are engaged in heavy activities like moving heavy machinery. When I looked around, I found about 10 workers engaged in moving a huge plastic water tank atop a six storey building. And then I looked around again and was surprised that there was no one interested in looking at how that was done. The workers had neatly hooked the tank to a rope which passed over a pulley(two would have been better I guess..) and then into the hands of the workers. On the top, was just a single guy who stood there without doing anything, but it was important that he was there. This guy, I suppose, was the Project Manager ;-) As the tank went up and up, I looked around. There now was a small rush along with me engaged in looking at this activity. The new entrants who joined the crowd, first looked at people and then turned their heads in the direction where the crowd's heads were focused. People need someone to direct them. Don't Look At My Finger. Look Where I Point.

8 Comments:

Blogger EXSENO said...

I think they did that, they saw the heads looking up and so they also looked up. They looked in the direction of the heads. In other words you have to see the finger pointing first, don't you, to be able to find what the finger is pointing at.

Jul 20, 2006, 6:25:00 AM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

Surprisingly most people only look up when they hear the loud roaring airplance, only to wish it doesnt crash over some high rise. Its amazing how one person staring at something gathers crowd. And yeah this post reminded me of the verse we learned in school...
What is this life, if full of care
We have no time to stand and stare :)

Jul 21, 2006, 7:06:00 AM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

hope you'll excuse my typos

Jul 21, 2006, 7:07:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Exseno : Agreed :-) The subject line was picked from Osho's teachings..

Dewdy : Yeah :-) And, the lines of the poem are indeed good. Typos, excused ofcourse!

Jul 21, 2006, 7:14:00 AM  
Blogger FutureWorldLeader said...

Well it's good to see things are up and running on your blog again.

One thing I found really good to get a laugh out of is to just be outside (walkin down a busy street or something) is to look up, point, and gasp to see how many people look up. I havn't tried it myself but have it saved as things to annoy people.

Jul 25, 2006, 6:30:00 AM  
Blogger FutureWorldLeader said...

By the way, been meaning to ask you this, I found a fellow blogger through your site I think and was called dexter. I tried to go back to his site but it's been down for quit a long time. Any idea what happend?

Jul 26, 2006, 2:48:00 AM  
Blogger Flying Machine said...

So you managed to gather a crowd on a busy street. :)

Jul 27, 2006, 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

FWL : :-) Try it out! Dexter is my friend and he is now pursuing his MBA. No idea wat happened to his blog...

Bhagya : :-) Yes!

Aug 3, 2006, 5:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home