Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Monday, March 06, 2006

One More Reason To Hate My Landlady

In addition to the 10 reasons I published, here is one more reason why I hate my landlady. My landlady is a big cheater. I was thinking whether I should unmask her on my blog. If I disclose the details on my blog that would mean that I am getting personal on my blog, something which this blog is not intended for, but not that I have not done this in the past. For instance, when I was given bad service by the KSRTC, I bad mouthed Pasha on my blog. And to support me to make her information public, I have two very good reasons. Reason One : She is bad mouthing me whenever she gets a chance and whenever she meets anyone that we know in common. Reason two : I want to spread awareness about this dirty old lady so that none of you(I have a reasonable readership in my company) gets trapped and stays as a tenant in her house.

Let me now set the background for you. I stayed in that house for about 2 years and I had kept Rs 12500(about 300 USD) as a security deposit which my landlady had promised to return when I vacate the house. I left the house and Bangalore on 17th Feb and I was promised that the deposit would be returned by 1st March. When the old lady finally returned the deposit, in addition to the admissible deductions as stated in the legal agreement, she deducted an additional 2000 bucks. Any guesses why this money was deducted? Scratch your brains. She deducted this money because I posted her letter two days late. And what letter was it? It was some form sent to her car dealer in which she said she had praised him for his service. I seriously doubt that she is capable of praising anyone but then that is what she stated. I knew my landlady is a stupid lady but then what I did not know was she can be stupid enough to think of such a reason to swallow my money. There could have been better reasons that she could have given. She could have stated that she was a thief and I would have accepted that. Would this one not sound more genuine? And now when I phone her, she does not even have courtesy to speak to me. She just hangs the phone. But yes, once she spoke with me for a minute and she said, " Neel, be a gentleman and forget your 2000 bucks". The cunning lady knows very well that Neel is 1000 kms away and cannot do anything except a phone call a day. All this after I searched all the shops for the type of rat poison she wanted so that the rats do not nibble the wires of her new car. All this after the time and efforts I wasted in mailing some niece and wishing her on her birthday on her behalf(See the pic. Click on the image to enlarge. IMAGE REMOVED AFTER SOMEONE COMPLAINED ABOUT PRIVACY ISSUES.All the grammatical mistakes to be attributed to this former English teacher). All this after so many favours.

Just to clarify, my landlady is no poor lady. She is filthy rich but stingy. Infact, she has sold her house for Rs 65 Lakhs(0.15 Million USD) and will be shifting out soon. In the mean time, I am sure she would look for tenants. So if you are looking for a house in Bangalore, take care and avoid this landlady.


Details :

Owner Name : Ms. Satyabhama
Address : House No 43, 7th Main, 19th Cross, BTM Stage 2, Bangalore 560076.
Telephone : 080-26784241 (Unique key)


Related Articles :
1. Ten Reasons Why I Hate My Landlady
2. Slap On The Face

20 Comments:

Blogger Art said...

She must have surely troubled u a lot..
But personally I agree with Reva...
U said the name.. But Address on Phone number.. better not be on blog.. May be ppl who come across such a lady can get more details from u...

Mar 6, 2006, 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Reva, Art : My 2000 bucks :-( May be I will pull down the phone number later

Rishabh : Looks like all these landladies are witches ;-)

Mar 6, 2006, 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger Sarang Anajwala said...

Whatever might be the case... I am sure you will be missing your landlady in pune :-)
Coz one surely remembers old - bad - time once out of it!!!

;-)

Mar 6, 2006, 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

I'm glad you did this. I think some landlords/landladies are horrible people who are just out there to exploit people. I was robbed of $275 Canadian by my first landlady and $35 Canadian by my second landlady. Bloody b****es. May they rot in hell.

Mar 7, 2006, 3:15:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Sarang : :-) Miss that b***h?

Het : I had an experience like you wit h my previous employer too :-)

Ms V : I wanted to say all landladies are b****es, but avoided that on the eve of Women's Day ;-)

Mar 7, 2006, 5:29:00 AM  
Blogger Nero said...

Better luck in Pune! :-)

Mar 8, 2006, 5:11:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

So far, so good :-)

Mar 8, 2006, 6:11:00 AM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

Your land lady is really rude. Better than posting her info here, maybe you could write a letter to the editor of a local newspaper or city newsletter in that area.

Mar 8, 2006, 7:01:00 AM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

btw that b'day letter she wrote was awesome :P:P

Mar 8, 2006, 7:01:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Dewdy : Ah! Will they publish it? :-). That awesome letter has been taken off after someone complained abt privacy intrusuion :-)

Mar 9, 2006, 1:56:00 AM  
Blogger Nero said...

On second thoughts, perhaps you could try praying to Lord Srinivasa of the Seven Hills for the rest of your money. Wasn't able to read the letter yesterday. Fundoo! :D

Mar 9, 2006, 4:12:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Hope you're ok now in Pune:)...tell me about your new landlady :)yaar.

-kathy-

Mar 9, 2006, 9:58:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Nero :Lord cant do anything when it comes to dealing with such b****es ;-)

Kathy : I guess, I dont have a landlady :-). The owner is a guy :-)

Vaibhavi: Interesting that your blog is titled Almost Always The Truth. Let the truth prevail!

Mar 10, 2006, 3:37:00 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

goshh she sure sounds like a stingy old witch...it's good that ur nomore her tennant!


Keshi.

Mar 13, 2006, 7:57:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Gangadhar : Lesson for people. Prefer landlords over landladies :-)

Keshi : Yup :-) THe good part is that I dont even know who my new landlord is :-)

Vaibhavi : Thanks. Will visit the blog. Already visited your blog!

Mar 14, 2006, 6:38:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Holi Hai..^_^
Enjoyy yaar!

cheers,
-kathy-

Mar 14, 2006, 8:19:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Thanks Kathy! Hope you had a colourful Holi

Mar 17, 2006, 12:27:00 AM  
Blogger Karthik ,K.N said...

banglore..has got a lotta bit*** like this...like the f*ckin Traffic Police men..who do clean robbery..Neways..gotta axe such kindo people

Mar 17, 2006, 8:48:00 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

If I were you I would make out a bill for you ex-landlady for all of the favors that you have done for her in the past, for the same amount of money and send it to her. Payment due immediately.

Mar 31, 2006, 7:13:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Karthik : I agree :-)

Exseno : Good Idea! I should do that!

Apr 2, 2006, 10:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home