Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Slap On The Face

I am not very good at arguments. At times, eventhough I am right, I miss some statement which could have left the other party searching for a reply. And I discover that statement after the argument is over. Over the past few months, I have been making a conscious effort to improvise. I liked how my father argued with someone during my last trip to Bombay. And I liked the way I argued with that person too. Talking about Bangalore, I love arguing with my landlady. My landlady is a shrewd and stingy old lady . My next post is going to be Ten Reasons Why I Hate My Landlady. Now, my landlady is about to sell her bungalow in which I stay. I met the would-be landlord in my landlady's house which is on the ground floor of the bungalow I stay in and he asked me to vacate the house in April so that he could carry out renovation. Some days later, I talked about the renovation in April with the landlady. She was adamant that the would-be landlord never talked about renovation. A few days later, I met her again. This is the conversation that we had :

Landlady : Neel, can you give me in writing that the new landlord said that he is going to renovate the house in April.

Neel : Why should I? Do you think I am lying?( She talked about this with Harish,my roomie and said that Neel was lying)

Landlady : No, I want to show it to the new landlord. That would prove that he said that. That would be a slap on his face!

Neel : Why don't you ask the new landlord to give me in writing that he did not say it? That would be a slap on my face!

Landlady, pissed off by now, shouted at me. From that day, she has never talked to me.

20 Comments:

Blogger Dev said...

Hey Neel,
Went through your blog recently... Too good! :)
I'm from M'lore, working in Infy here currently.... And I've already had the sneak preview of 'Ten reasons why you hate your landlady'. :) Courtesy: KEC General.

Jan 4, 2006, 7:05:00 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Thank God that I didnt have to deal with such landladies or lords :)


Keshi.

Jan 4, 2006, 8:28:00 PM  
Blogger Art said...

Do u still have to vacate the house???

Jan 4, 2006, 8:33:00 PM  
Blogger Cne Rocks>> said...

Land ladies are always like that, u give them a small place to sit, and pretty soon, they'ld have parked their lorry there. - Translating from a Tamil proverb.
If u give them an inch, hey'll screw u royally.So, I suggest that u maintain a hostile front to her at all times - like the way ur doing presently!!

Jan 5, 2006, 4:13:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I hate her...tell her not to blog ^_^else ill gave her bad comment everyday haha( just to make you smile yaar^_~)
Looking forward for your next post( ten reasons why you hate ur landlady) is it really only ten?
Peace Neel..smile yaar>>>

-kathy-

Jan 5, 2006, 6:47:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Het : :-) My blog is not a popular one. So I dont think being first is a matter of privilege..like it would be when you post on Keshi's blog :-)

Dev : Thanks fellow Infoscion! KEC General is the coolest thing in Bangalore Infy :-)

Keshi : Indeed. They are a pain in the a***

Art : Yes! And guess when? In the last week of March!

cne : There is a Marathi proverb too! You give camel some space and it will occupy your entire tent. Yeah, will do that. After all I enjoy that.

Kathy : So you have picked the hindi word 'yaar' from somewhere! Yaar, I will tell my landlady what you little Kathy has to say ;-) And yes, the list exceeds ten easily, but then who has the patience to write a long post?

Jan 5, 2006, 6:55:00 AM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

So whats the deal, is the renovation on for Apr or not? better know in advance, you dont want these landlords and ladies to suddenly ask you to vacate, good luck

Jan 5, 2006, 8:35:00 AM  
Blogger Seema said...

I wonder how u let her do this to u. I have very sweet landlords though (touch wood).

Jan 6, 2006, 3:51:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Dewdy: The renovation is indeed planned in April! We have been asked to vacate. Anycase, looks like I am going to be in Pune soooon!

Het : Thanks! Will try to be first at your blog too for your next post :-)

FMOE : Sweet landlords in Bangalore! Lucky you.

Jan 6, 2006, 4:36:00 AM  
Blogger Sarang Anajwala said...

hahaha.... gud one dude.
BTW, what happened with ur new landlord? did u talk to him again??

Jan 6, 2006, 5:33:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Pune?that's cool ^_^ i heard it's a nice place, i have lots of friends there Neel (plus you now^_~)
Hope you have a best sweet landlady next...goodluck yaar.

Jan 6, 2006, 8:15:00 AM  
Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

I had a landlady. Her name was Agnes. I should have taken a hint from that scary name. My landlord's name is now Arthur. No, I did not get rid of her. I changed apartments. Phew.

Jan 7, 2006, 7:00:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Sarang : The new landlord has not turned up as yet. My landlady might be vacating by March end

Kathy : Pune is a nice place. After all its just 120 kms from my place! I too hope that I have a sweet landlady over there ;-)

DigitalSparks : Yes, Infy Pune(not a different company :-) ) And a confession. I had a slight hint that I may be sent to Pune, when I wrote that post on things to be done before 30. Now, I can say that 10% of my tasks have been accomplished :-)

Ms V : Arthur is a sacry name too :-)

Jan 8, 2006, 8:55:00 PM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

neel, update

Jan 10, 2006, 9:28:00 AM  
Blogger PNA said...

oops that sounds .........these ppl can be irritating ...

waiting for the next post....

Ash

Jan 10, 2006, 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Neel ur mistaken abt that false rumor abt me...that was from the person who cloned me, trying hard to spread false rumors abt me. Check the blog Ids for authenticity.

Thanks!
Keshi.

Jan 10, 2006, 6:17:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Dewdy : Coming soon. Was caught in some work. Have to finish it in time if I want to go to Pune in time :-)

Ash : Yeah. Pretty irritating

Keshi : So sorry. Never noticed that. Wonder who has the time to duplicate even the blog!

Jan 10, 2006, 9:21:00 PM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

So when is the Deccan Queen leaving?

Jan 11, 2006, 8:34:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Dewdy : :-) From Bangalore to Pune, it is the Udhyan Express. If things go well, I should be in Bombay on 25th Jan and resume work from Pune on 6th Feb. If things go wrong, I might have to stay here till Feb. Let's see.

Jan 12, 2006, 4:02:00 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

The imposter cloned my profile and Id only...and goes ard leaving comments like me..lol what a sad life.


Keshi.

Jan 12, 2006, 8:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home