Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Mock CAT

The CAT examination that was held on 20th November was more like a Mock CAT to me. I was totally unprepared for it. Okay, I know everybody says that, but I leave it to you to believe me or not. The day before the exams, the biggest headache was going to a shop, buying HB pencils(required for CAT) and then sharpening them. On the day of the exams, I woke up at 8:15, early by my usual Sunday standards. I got two plates of idli parceled from Upahar Nidhi, an Udipi restaurant on my street. One of them was for Keyur, who was also appearing for CAT. When I opened the parcel, which was covered in a newspaper, I was surprised to see this advertisement on the paper. It was a full page advertisement of a coaching class for CAT. There at the examination hall, my seat was on the last row, next to a window overlooking a chickoo tree. Almost everyone in the hall was wearing a frown on their face. The guy sitting next to me was sad. He did not even say a hi to me. I did not say a hi either. But that was because I did not like him. Actually I did not like anyone in the entire hall, except for the guy who sat in front of me. This guy who was wearing a wrinkled pista green coloured full sleeved shirt, sat in a relaxed posture, his arms resting on my seat. Before the exam started there was a complete silence in the hall and this guy broke it by tapping a pencil on the bench. People looked irritated because of this. I liked him for that. The other thing that I liked was the sweet voice making announcements like "All the best", "Please be seated" on the speaker. However as she kept on speaking, it seemed like a railway station, especially with the ding-dongs to start the announcements. When the paper finally arrived, it was as good as I expected it to be. I would have cracked the CAT were it not for the conspiracy hatched by the IIMs against me. Outside the window they planted beautiful girls, who made frequent appearances with their sole purpose being that to distract me. When the two hour paper ended, no one seemed relaxed. They were still frowning. Most of them would carry forward these frowns to the next CAT and then the next and then the next. And I will be there to blog it.

20 Comments:

Blogger Dewdrop said...

Aww sorry to hear to didnt fare well. But you never know, you might be surprised when the results come out. All the best and wish for that examiner to be lenient

Nov 23, 2005, 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

oops these typos... read 'to' as 'you' in my first staement above

Nov 23, 2005, 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Hul said...

good one boss. trying to become a mngr directly?..am sure you ll make a gud one.

Nov 23, 2005, 8:09:00 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

damnnn those girls got the better of Neel lol!

Keshi.

Nov 23, 2005, 8:40:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Uma : Well Well. Attempted the paper. Better luck with the paper or the girls? ;-)

Dewdy : I know what my score is going to be. There are solutions available on the net and my score is pretty bad. As far as the examiner being lenient, my paper is going to be corrected by a computer :-) About the typos, I read it as you instead of to when I read it for the first time :-)

Het : I have already computed my score. See reply comment to Dewdy plz :-( And chill Het. I am not tensed up. Will put in efforts for Maharashtra CET from now!

Hul : I am already a better manager than an engineer. Just no one seems to notice it :-( Need an MBA for that.

Keshi : They always do

Nov 23, 2005, 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Ah! An MSc is not under-educated for sure.

Nov 24, 2005, 4:27:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Thanks Gangadhar. I would have had a serious attitude if I had put some efforts

Nov 25, 2005, 2:47:00 AM  
Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

LOL, well let us know what happens when the results come out

Nov 25, 2005, 1:42:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Kroopa : I can tell that even now. I am not going to get into the IIMs unless ofcourse all the people who took the test are really dumb

Nov 27, 2005, 12:51:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Digitalsparks : You have a point there. To become LNM or NRN, one should not be lured by the security of fixed monthly income. It is difficult for a typical middle class guy like me to quit my job and start a biz.

Nov 28, 2005, 5:51:00 AM  
Blogger Deeps said...

Boy, am I glad that you are not one of those always-frowning-CAT-writing ones :-D. Like your spirit :).

Nov 28, 2005, 6:16:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Thanks Deeps :-)

Nov 28, 2005, 6:19:00 AM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

Good post. But I bet you will do well in what ever you do.

Nov 28, 2005, 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Thanks Exseno. But I bet you are going to lose your money ;-)

Nov 28, 2005, 9:36:00 PM  
Blogger Flying Machine said...

Hehe, cats and girls, very distracting arent they?

Nov 29, 2005, 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Indeed :-)

Nov 30, 2005, 4:42:00 AM  
Blogger Sarang Anajwala said...

I wish i wud have got a window seat!!!
I was on the first bench, in the mid of the hall.... had only the supervisor (unfortunately, a guy) in front of me.
There were a couple of cute gurlz in the hall (on back benches) but then i can't look at them continuously!!! :( I had nothing else to do other than feigning to be writing CAT seriously.
:-)

Nov 30, 2005, 7:20:00 AM  
Blogger Hul said...

what happened?suffering from CatOphobia?

Nov 30, 2005, 9:52:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Sarang : Lucky you. The IIMs conspired for you ;-)

Hul and Het : Everything is fine. Going home early from office now a days..so not blogging. May be posting one today.

Dec 1, 2005, 9:05:00 PM  
Blogger Anshuman said...

I got special recommendation to read the post. enjoyed reading!!!!!

Feb 19, 2006, 8:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home