Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Getting Bangalored

Back to Bangalore, back to blogging. After 11 days of fun, frolic and good food in Bombay, I am back to Namma Bengaluru. Most evenings were spent at Marine Drive, Bandra Reclamation and Shivaji Park. I also went to Mohammed Ali Road with a schoolmate and had Chicken Red Kabab and Firni. Besides that, as always, I went for dinner at my grandparents' place. And that I have nothing exciting of that kind to do here, I am blogging ;-) That I am so nostalgic about Bombay, let me write about my fears of losing touch with Bombay...or rather the fear of getting Bangalored.

Incident 1 :
It was beyond midnight and we were returning home from Eighties. I completely forgot that there are BEST buses available at that hour too. That I was inebriated, is a different thing.

Incident 2 :
I was getting into the train with a bag strapped onto my shoulders. This obstructed some other passengers who wanted to get in. One of them shouted, " Itna bada bag lekar train main chadh raha hai"(he is getting into the train with such a huge bag). In my college days, I had mastered the art of getting into the crowded train without the bag getting trapped in the crowd. Anyway, I shouted back, "To kya bag lekar nahi jaane ka kya?"(So shouldn't I carry a bag in the train?). This reply proves that I have not completely lost touch with Bombay and Bombaygiri.

Back here, things are no good. The heavy rains that lashed Bangalore, have screwed the ceiling of my rented flat. There is fungus over my pillow(don't worry, I am not using it). After the nice 11 days and 5 days(from Oct 12 to Oct 16) that I spent in Bombay, I have arrived at this conclusion. Vacations should obey the Goldilocks Phenomenon -- they should neither be too short(a short vacation is no vacation) nor too long(damn difficult to adjust when you are back to work).

14 Comments:

Blogger Dewdrop said...

Nice accounts, more like anecdotes from the city so pulsating. You sure had a great time and that makes me crave for mine

Nov 10, 2005, 8:33:00 AM  
Blogger Hul said...

"from Eighties" whats that?...i dont know Bombay.

Nov 10, 2005, 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Dewdy : I read your Bombay Dreams again :-)

Hul : Actually that was my effort at concealing...it is a pub in Bandra

Nov 10, 2005, 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Het : :-) Have fun in Rajkot. But then anyway, you have family with you in Bombay :-)

Nov 10, 2005, 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger Art said...

Home is always home.. u can never forget that.. :)

Ohh!!!! I feel like going home now

Nov 11, 2005, 8:05:00 AM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

And I read your comments on Bombay Dreams again :)

Nov 11, 2005, 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Art : I know that you are waiting to get Bangalored :-)

Dewdy :-)

Nov 13, 2005, 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Seema said...

Nostalgic eh!! True that a vacation shudn' be short (2 days are :S ) nor too long :)(but surely wudn' mind 2 months or longer paid vacations)

Nov 14, 2005, 3:45:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

who would mind :-)

Nov 14, 2005, 5:08:00 AM  
Blogger roya parsay said...

hello do you still want the dvd of my aunt(Dr. parsay?) how do I send it to you for how much? I have one in Farsi..

Nov 14, 2005, 7:40:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Ah! You still remember that :) That was long long ago. Will drop a comment on your blog.

Nov 14, 2005, 9:07:00 PM  
Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

Get another apartment!!

Nov 16, 2005, 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

:-) Going to ask my landlady to repaint

Nov 16, 2005, 8:59:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Yeah :-( Will write a post about that too

Dec 13, 2005, 3:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home