Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Sunday, February 13, 2005

How much do you get?

I dont understand why people keep asking this question. I have been asked this question a few hundred times. The latest incident which prompted me to write this occured on Hosur Road. If you have read some of my previous posts and have come across the one in which I write about the traffic snarls on Hosur Road, you would expect me to eavesdrop some interesting conversation. Yes!!! That is exactly what I did today. Our bus(company bus) was crawling in the traffic and a BMTC( public transport in Bangalore) bus was running parallel to us. The conductor of this BMTC bus who was standing at the gate started a conversation with our bus driver. He started by asking what company did he work for to which our driver replied "Infosys" with the 'fo' pronounced as you do in forest. A few questions followed and even though the entire conversation was in Kannada, I could make out what the BMTC conductor was asking. Just to verify, I asked the two girls sitting next to me what was the discussion all about. They told me about the Salary question and also what the driver replied. Well, if you are the one who keeps asking this question, then you must be interested in the answer too. Well, he gets 2000 a month. Now let me clarify as I end this post, that the driver was not an Infosys employee, but an employee of the contractor from whom the buses were hired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home