Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Air Deccan

Does a company's name deserve to be the title of my post? Well, dont quite know. But what I know is that I am going to spend more money on travelling from Bangalore to Bombay by bus than I will travelling back by air. To be precise, I am going to spend 981 bucks on the bus and just 721 on the plane. Just in case, you dont know the business model of Air Deccan, the airline offers 5 seats at 721( 500 + 221 tax) . The pricing of a seat depends on the availability of seats at that time and also on the timing of your booking. I was lucky to get this ticket at this price eventhough I booked just two months in advance. Yes, life for poor people(middle class is a more euphemistic term) is full of compromises. The first compromise is that I had to book the ticket two months in advance, but no problems about that. My boss is a nice guy and approves my leaves.(Hope he reads this ;-) )The second compromise is that the ticket I got was a Thursday ticket against the prefered Monday ticket. By the way, it is because of Air Deccan that I have stopped flying Jet. And at the time of writing this Jet IPO is on. So, I am still thinking whether I should put my cash in the IPO or not. With more and more no frills airlines coming up, more and more people will desert Jet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home