Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Meeting the founder

Well, I have met founders of many companies. Infact, I am one of the co-founder of a company called Engi**** Edutainments. If you dont know what the 4 stars stand for, you need not worry. You dont need to know it. Just to clarify, its not that 4 lettered word which begins with an 'F'. The other founders, I dont remember, but this one was different. He was the co-founder of Infosys Technologies Ltd and before you start guessing, let me clarify that he wasnt Nandan or Murthy. He was S.Gopalkrishnan, popularly called as Kris at Infy. The event was HiPC 2004 (hipc.org) and the venue was Taj Residency, Bangalore. Kris had just given his inaugral speech and after all other speakers had finished, he was leaving the hall. We did not intend to speak to him, but then, we did not want to let him go without letting him know that we were representing Infosys at the conference. We had a small chat with him. He said he would love to see Infy steal a place in the top 500 grid list. And yes, I shook hands with him too. Nothing to boast of I know. But then, its good to meet people whom you admire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home