Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Eavesdropping on Hosur Road..

Well not exactly eavesdropping. But then you cant possibly turn a deaf ear when someone in your bus is shouting at top of his/her voice. And consider the time I used to spend on Hosur road a month ago. It was almost an hour and a half per day. And as I dont usually read books or play games in the bus, listening to such conversation becomes my prime pass time. As it used to be when I used to travel by train to college for 4 long engineering years. This not only helped me to pick up quite a bit of Gujurati but it also made me interested in the stock markets. All that I have got from the stocks...I owe it to you Gujurati brokers who used to commute with me.(Well, Mukul was the guy who really pulled me into the market..he must get due credit for that)
Coming back to Bangalore, now that things on Hosur road have improved, my entertainment has reduced. But nevertheless I would like to share these two incidents with you.
The first one is about a girl who was talking in English. She was loud enough so that her voice could reach the other end of the bus, but I dont know how many people were not reading books or playing games so that they could catch this bit of humour.
Infy Girl(IG) : I cant eat. My gums are swollen.
Other End(OE) : .......( I couldnt hear this...but could figure what was said after IG said the next line)
IG : Stupid...GUMS GUMS
By the way, did you get it?
The other one was a guy talking in Marathi either to his wife or would be in Marathi. And thats the problem when you are in some other state. You tend to assume that none of the people around you can speak your tongue. This guy persistenly kept asking her, " Maazya barobar anghol karayla nahi ka mhantes?"(Why are you hesitant to bathe along with me?). Well, the sad part about the second conversation is that I couldnt make out what the other person replied.


7 Comments:

Blogger Baejaar said...

I never knew that I am missing out on so many things. May be I should also give this travel optiona serious thought.........

Jan 19, 2005, 11:21:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

he he :-)

May 18, 2005, 12:24:00 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Well ..... Travelling on Hosur Road can be this Good?! ;-)

May 18, 2005, 1:01:00 AM  
Blogger SundayThots said...

Hilarious stuff!!!

Sep 28, 2005, 5:06:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Jay, Ashok : :-)

Sep 28, 2005, 6:15:00 AM  
Blogger Cne Rocks>> said...

He..He...He....

Mar 16, 2006, 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Zaphod, Cne : :-), Thanks!

Mar 17, 2006, 12:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home