Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Petit Infoscion Day..

There were days when I did not come to office on Saturdays and Sundays. But looks like the things are changing. I wouldnt say that I have tons of work pressure. That would be a blatant lie. But, then I have to come. Demo on Tuesday : -( But then, I still found some time to write this.
Well, so today when I came to Infy, I was in for a big surpise. I saw so many families in the campus. It looked like a big wedding. It was the Petit Infoscion Day. On this day, you bring your kids to office and kids have a blast. At the entrance, I shook hands with a Donald Duck. But then he really scared the shit out of that poor two year old who started crying.
The foodcourt was converted into a big stage. There were programmes and programmes for kids. There were about 20 stalls put up with some interesting billboards. Dont know what they were for. These stalls will open in the evening. Will check them out later. There was a merry go round. And kids rode horses and camels(non-living). I still remember that kid with helium balloon tied to her neck. I wanted to bring one to my work area. And if the kids grew tired of all this, a canteen was converted into a dormitory so that they could have a nap. But then, I hardly saw anyone over there.
I recollected the videos of the last year's Petit Infoscion day, which were screened on the billion dollar day. Recollected the kids saying, " When I grow up, I want to work with Infosys", "My father works in Infosys, Infosys is a great company". Yes, Infosys really is a great company. When I compare Infosys with my previous company where I worked(or for that matter with any other company), I feel privileged. Its a company which cares and shares.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home