Almost Always The Truth

This blog is about small incidents which have occured in the life of Neel Arurkar. Neel also writes about his family and friends in this blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune, Maharashtra/Karnataka, India

I am what you see :-)

Holi Bumper(Updated 14th Nov)

Friday, September 10, 2004

Investing Money In The Right Place

Money doesnt grow on trees. But then it doesnt grow in the banks either. One of the place where you can make your money grow is the stock markets. But then it all depends on the stocks you have in your portfolio. Investing in cheap(stocks of cheap companies) stocks can be profitable but then it is risky. The only stock in which I have ever lost money in life till now is Global Trust Bank. And thats a cheap stock. Probably, the reason why I lost money over here was that I bought GTB stocks after the company had turned cheaper. GTB was manipulating its balance sheets. It fell from some 30 odd rupees to 10 rupees and then at one stage it was 10 paise!!!. I bought it at 3.87 rupees. Bad Decision.. Those who had bought it for 10 paise must have made an handsome profit. But then, the stock never went up after I bought. I had to finally sell it off for 1.20. But look at my other investments. Infy is the best investment I have ever made. This is what I feel. By best, I dont mean that the money I have earned is greater than from any other stock. But the returns were assured. My stocks have grown 30% over the last 5 months. I believe Infy stock is like a savings bank account which gives you 60 % pa. It has the safety of a bank account and returns of a mutual fund. Other recommended investments include investing in oversubscribed IPOs. Be assured that you can gain upto 10-15% on the very first day it gets listed. This was true in all the IPOs I invested in in Jan-Feb 2004. Now its turn to invest in NTPC. What do you think?( NTPC IPO may finally roll out by Sept 2004)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home